Friday, August 5, 2011

Goodbye to my Friends in Japan

This message goes out to the people who touched my life in the two years I was in Japan. Whether big or small every one of you made this experience something truly amazing to remember.

For the 80 people I met these last two years please know that you kindness and friendship has changed my life. Without you I could have never done the things I have done or felt the amazing feelings that you all helped pulled out of me. For this I thank each one of you. You are all such amazing people from all over the world and it was truly amazing to meet you. Even though we have only known each other for a short time and as hard as it will be to stay in touch, I hope that we remain close friends.

For the 10 people that I knew before I came to Japan, know that your visit and participation in these last years has not only brought us closer together but you too enhanced my time here. Thank you for all you have done and shared.

With all the mushy stuff out of the way, if you haven’t guessed, I’m leaving Japan after two wonderful years here. I cannot begin to explain how much I have changed and grown in the time that I’ve been here and how much all of you have impacted my life. I don’t see myself or my world in the same way and it has been a wonderful change. But the time has come to move on to a new life and experience.

I have confirmed my plane ticket back to the UK and I will be flying out on August 17th. But before I go I would love to see, talk or message each one of you once more just to say that I will miss you.

Some of you have already left and some of you were just visiting. Thus for you I simply say a great thanks for making these two years awesome.

But for those who are still in Japan there will be one last party at my house in Yamashina on Saturday August 13th. Please feel free to come by anytime after 3:00pm. The party is called “Leftovers”. Please eat whatever food I have, take whatever furniture there is and let’s party one more time.

I will truly miss all of you and I only wish I could have spent more time to learn, laugh and enjoy Japan with you but I did all I could and I hope we can see each other again.

I will come back to Japan one day but it will probably be for a short visit and will never be the same as this great experience.

I hope this message has made you cry and made you feel nostalgic for just a moment. I am not a sissy but I like to bring on the mush when the time is right. Life is too short to remain all cool and macho all the time.

I love you all.

Thanks again and I hope to hear from all of you soon.

Sayonara

MIKEY

No comments:

Post a Comment