Monday, June 14, 2010

Dairy KitKat

I've mentioned before that Japan has this thing for KitKat Chocolate bars. KitKat means good luck or luck or having luck.in Japanese. From what I've figured out, you can always find the standard red chocolate KitKat but they also have 1-3 seasonal KitKats. To date I've eaten about 10 different kinds!

I found this one on New Years Eve 2009. This is Cheese KitKat. I have no idea how healthy the cheese part was or how much Cheese was in it because I didn't get it from a refrigerated section. It was on the shelf right next to the chips. Thus, I'm guessing it must have had a crazy amount of chemicals in it.

The cheese part and the KitKat part was separated. The KitKat part tasted more or less like a regular chocolate KitKat but missing the sugary part that you would normally get. It was milk chocolate but without the extra sugar.

The Cheese tasted kind of like cheese curds or cheese string. Bottom line it didn't taste natural. It tasted very artificial. Unlike cheese string this so called cheese was harder more like the crust of a Camembert cheese.

The idea is to take a piece of the cheese and a stick of the KitKat and bite it together. Strange enough, it was pretty good. If you want to simulate this kind of taste try cheese curds and a regular KitKat. Somehow this one tasted saltier.

No comments:

Post a Comment