Monday, February 8, 2010

Final Fantasy XIII Crazy Cans

Now I'm not sure what the most popular item this Christmas was in North America but the hot item here started to get advertised at the beginning of September. I'm talking about Final Fantasy XIII. I know not all of you are into the gaming but the promotion alone on this game is worth mentioning. First of all I mentioned how many 7/11 type stores are out here. Every one of them is selling and promoting this game. There were FLAGS outside of the corner stores!! That means every day I get at least 20 different advertisements to buy this game. Every department store, corner store or electronics store is pushing this game. Why? Its the best thing on High Definition TV's out there.

I got a chance to try the demo out a few months ago and it was very impressive. (The reason I'm tiled back like that is because the cord of the controller was too short.) Now, I lost my enthusiasm with video games a long time ago but I can honestly say that this game is getting me to reconsider my interest in the PS3. It looks amazing and more then anything else it looks fun. I would have gone out and bought a PS3 and the Game by now, (They made a Final Fantasy XIII PS3) but the games is in Japanese so I'm sort of SOL.

The game doesn't come out in North America for another few months and I was thinking if there was a market for the Japanese copy out there. Turns out there is. Even though the game is due to come out in North America until March, the popularity of this thing is so big, that the sales guy at the store told me that their online sales outside of Japan are huge. I honestly wish there was some way I could jump on the Final Fantasy XIII band waggon before it comes out. Maybe even make some extra cash.

In the weeks approaching the release of the game. Suntory (a beer/drink company) made a deal with Square Enix to help promote the game by making Final Fantasy XIII ELIXIR. It sort of tastes like Canada Dry ginger ale. For all I know its poison since I can't read the damn label. They released 16 cans available at random 7-11's. I thought that these things would go quick on Ebay but I'm guessing that most people have no idea they existed. I only found out when I friend of mine was drinking one. I ran around trying to get the whole set, this took a while. Maybe I'll sell it any maybe I'll keep them. I have no idea.

The extra tall thing on the side is a special box set that comes with a new can (the one in the centre) and one of 6 action statues. These little statues are causing more huff then the actual drink or cans. AMAZING.











On a little side note, originally Final Fantasy V didn't come to North America. This box was once worth a lot of money to the right collector. The game was eventually released and thus all the value of the originals SNES game-pack was lost. I found this going for about $5.



1 comment:

  1. argh,I sure wish I had all thoughs cans. But at least I have one...... thanks to you brother :)

    ReplyDelete