Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pyramid Hotel

Hey everyone. Yesterday I celebrated the gift of internet in the UK so it's time for some more updates. Above is a video from the Pyramid Hotel in Dubai. When I left Japan, I had a three day stopover in Dubai before I went to France. Helene's uncle and aunt live there and they took really good care of me. Dubai is small. You can drive through it in just a short time but there is so much to see. Besides "skyscrapers in the desert" the place can be described as "people who have too much money"

Unfortunately, I was there during Ramadan which meant no eating or drinking in public. That meant that in the daytime we had to stay indoors somewhere rather than enjoying the 50C heat. Once you're outside, you become thirsty in a matter of minutes. So not being able to drink made exploration difficult. The good news is that Dubai is very accommodating for foreigners, so certain restaurants and places will allow food. Just don't be flaunting it publicly. 

For the three days I was there, I saw a lot of malls. The above video is from the Pyramid mall/hotel. Very impressive. The mall had my eyes darting from one corner to the next. So many things you wouldn't see in normal circumstances. Just imagine a prestigious brand name like Prada and then you come across the Prada cafe. Strange no? This mall the Pyramid had an indoor aquarium that offers swimming with the fish/sharks. 





No comments:

Post a Comment