Saturday, December 19, 2009

And Now for Something Completely Different 1

This is the first of many Etc. stories since, well, they're fun too and you can't fit most of them in regular postings.
Cute cakes.



Or how about this sign I found. Yes they've created a meal between Lunch and Dinner--Introducing BLUNCH. It will be a thing soon. Trust me.

I thought this table was pretty awesome. No chairs just long benches and in the centre you can cook or heat.

Right above the table there was a hood fan to catch the smoke. Yes a tiny fireplace in the centre of your table. Overall, I like the idea of having a huge table like this. Chairs suck anyway.

I know the new open concept is very popular right now, but this restaurant really did it well. They prepared all the dishes in front of the patrons and you could really see where each thing came from. This kind of thing is very popular in Japan, especially at a Yakitori bar. You order little skewers of meat or vegetable and they barbecue them in front of you. This place is a huge upgrade but the same basic idea.

I finally found one. Everywhere else it's in Romanji so I can read it. I want to find things in Japanese damn it. I hate globalization. I'm still looking for an old Coke can thats all written in Kana for my collection.


I've been meaning to find this picture again for a while. O.K. the first few make sense. This is reserved seating for injured/disabled, pregnant, with children or senior. That's the first four. But the last one... The message at the bottom says "People with internal disorders" and there's a picture of a man with a heart in his chest. I thought it meant people who were upset because it kind of looked like the man had his hand to his head. Then maybe internal disorder meant that he had heart problems, but finally it was explained it was for people with pacemakers. Go figure.

It is true that Pac-Man did go around in the night eating little yellow balls. Maybe they were pills. Was Pac-Man a drug addict who went around dark alley ways eating pills and hallucinating about ghosts? Only, God knows. But in the meantime, this pharmacy decided it would be fun to use that image as its main mascot. Yummy Pills.

Even Brad Pitt sells out. He looks so dreamy cuffed to himself.

Lastly, this guy just wants to show he's really happy to see you.

Everyday, there's something to see or something to tell. I wish I could tell them all. For instance the other day, there was two guys on little motorcycles. They were the size of suitcases. The wheels were no bigger then a basket ball. When the light turned red they put their legs down and they looked like children on a kid's bicycle. When the light turned green they started pushing the bike until it was at a rolling start, hit a big button in front of them and they were off. I've never seen anything like it. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment